Monday 29 March 2010

Making a start

I'm now in the second week of convalescence after my operation and feel able to start a little work each day.  Today I started to catch up with requests for the "No Ordinary Man" material.  Requests continue to come in - though slower than I had hoped.  We have also started to receive the review reports back and these are encouraging.
The freepost facility is now active and we can provide freepost addressed envelopes for those doing the survey. Tomorrow I will send envelopes on to those who have been waiting for them.
A visit to the doctors today confirmed that all is well following the operation.  I have some discomfort caused by external and internal bruising but otherwise all is OK.  Doreen and I received a pile of get well cards and also good wishes via the internet.  We are both very grateful.  Pride of place among the cards is one signed by members of the Gartree Prison Choir which included a number of witty comments.  It was nice to know they were missing me.
Because I will be unable to go to the Prison for a couple of weeks, and have already missed two weeks, I have decided to go tomorrow providing I still feel OK.
One disappointment from the last few days is the failure of Waitrose to respond sensibly (in my view) to my concern over the inadequate labelling of their bottle of orange juice that exploded in my car a few days ago obscuring my vision and coating everything with juice while I was travelling at 70 mph on the M6.  They seemed more concerned to declare themselves not liable for the cost incurred (£74 for clothes I had to purchase and £50 for car valeting).  I have therefore decided to refer the matter to the Food Standards Authority as what happened to me could happen to another with more serious consequences.
So another day ends with some work done but a long list of jobs still outstanding.  But it will still be there tomorrow and I am more likely to cope if I lay the burden down and sleep.  As Jesus said we have much to learn from birds and lilies.

No comments:

Post a Comment