Wednesday 17 March 2010

News from Scotland

On Tuesday morning I took Doreen to our local cottage hospital which has a minor injuries unit.  She had slept well and at first her foot didn't seem so sore.  But once she had been on her feet for a while it became obvious to me that she had broken a bone.  An x-ray revealed that she had indeed broken a small bone under her instep.  Because of the peripheral neuropathy they would not use a support bandage but seemed to think it would heal itself OK.

Doreen demonstrated her independence urging me to keep my appointment in Edinburgh.  I caught the 14.12 from Marker Harborough and on to East Midlands Airport, and thence to Edinburgh where I was picked up by a local Salvation Army Officer who took me the last leg to Carberry Tower, a Christian Conference Centre/Hotel.

There were around 18 people from various posts in the SA gathered for a Safe and Sound Course.  I had been booked to lead several sessions today.  The photo shows a few of those attending with a couple working through the role play exercise that draws my session to a close.

Last night was horrendous.  I was in agony from the gall bladder problem and had only two hours sleep from 5.00 am to 7.00 am plus very few snatched minutes when the pain reduced.  Paracetamol was not doing anything to reduce the pain.  So I had to undertake around 6 hours of teaching on two hours sleep with some continuing discomfort.  But it all went very well.  It is great to work with Dean and Debbie Juster on these occasions.

It's now 8.15pm and I am so tired!  I hope I will wake free of pain in the morning.  So I'm off to bed now.  As a pain management mechanism I continued to write my biography for around 4 hours last night and managed a good number of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment