Saturday 6 March 2010

Celebrating a 186th Anniversary in Yorkshire

Visiting Heaton Baptist Church, Bradford,  where our friends Tony and Sue minister.  T&S used to work with Doreen and me (and others) when we worked in MFC. This is their Church Anniversary weekend.  This evening was a meal followed by a programme in song and word.  Tony had played keyboard on a number of my backing tracks.  Lovely time of fellowship.  I will be speaking tomorrow at this church and then heading back home.

Yesterday the trip back from London by train had me sitting with two other people and talking about church most of the way.  He was a Polish Catholic (though I suspect he might have had Jewish roots.  He was keen to emphasise he was a Christian first and a Catholic second.  She carefully did not declare but I suspect she was a lapsed Anglican.  Listening to their views on premises and worship was enlightening!  Historic and inherited tradition certainly gets in the way for many.

No comments:

Post a Comment