Monday 15 March 2010

Not such a good day

I awoke early and with considerable discomfort from my gall bladder.  This was the worst pain since leaving hospital.  I have been offered a date for the operation but it comes at just the wrong time.  I now await a rescheduled operation and expect this to be mid May. Paracetamol did not seem to do much for it so I went for a walk around 6.00 am and got a little relief.  I rested a little and then started writing on my laptop.  The pain eased to a dull ache as I wrote.

For several years I have been urged to write my biography by my friend and colleague Dean in the Salvation Army Child Protection Department.  I have hesitated about doing this but on my way to Shropshire on Saturday felt that the time had come and I knew where and how to start the story.  I told no one about this but at the end of Saturday afternoon a woman present from Pontesbury urged me strongly to write my story.  Was that just coincidence?

So I gave up the morning to writing the first chapter - 9 pages of A4 paper (5,351 words).  I had just finished it when an enormous crash sounded downstairs and I rushed from my office to find Doreen collapsed on the floor.   She had been asleep and woken to see it was 1.05 and she had not done anything for lunch.  Not that that bothered me as I was half fasting because of the gall bladder problem.  Instead of taking her time and ensuring that her feet were going to work properly (she has peripheral neuropathy) she stood up and immediately fell over!

I'm due to fly to Edinburgh tomorrow and will not be back until Thursday evening as I am booked on flights.  I am very anxious about leaving her as she has hurt her right foot and it is too painful to walk on.  However, Doreen is insisting that I go!  I'm going to sleep on it and decide in the morning.  Meanwhile I still have discomfort from the gall bladder which suggests that there is some colitis.  It never rains but...

No comments:

Post a Comment