Friday 12 March 2010

Preparing for tomorrow

I spent much of today preparing for Saturday's work for Pontesbury Congregational Church in Shropshire.  They use a Methodist Chapel for their away-days that is beautifully located in a rural area set among the local hills.  I was with them a couple of years ago at the same venue and about the same time of year.  There were daffodils and lambs nearby.

On that previous occasion we were looking at becoming a missional church.  Now they are wanting to explore the next steps as they respond to the vision for the church.  My main task will be to encourage them in developing a healthy prayer life that supports their mission strategies.

As part of my preparation I set up a PowerPoint presentation and wanted to have some slides where just some of the many excellent passages of scripture on prayer (especially promises) would scroll like credits.  Fortunately, friends on COIN (Christians on the Internet) came to my rescue and educated me on the topic.  It will provide a backdrop for about a minute while they reflect on the topic.

While talking about clever IT stuff, I was very impressed with www.lookingforgod.com and happily recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment