Monday 1 March 2010

Two encouraging emails

As today was our 35th wedding anniversary Doreen and I went out for lunch and then did some shopping (I'm great at planning romantic outings!).  So I thought there would be little to share with you by the end of today.  Wrong!


Just over a week ago I started the "No Ordinary Man" project since when a number of copies have been distributed - many to friends and colleagues who are going to help me get them into the right hands.  On Saturday I took ten to the Mission and Society Committee and all were taken.  One book and a copy of the review survey book was taken by a colleague from Scotland.  I got an email from her today about the seven hour train journey she had to take from Nottingham back to her home.  In it she told how several times along the way she had some extraordinary interactions with people.  Here's a part of her story.


"On the way home I sat with another young man on journey from Derby to Crewe.  I was reading the Hope book Bob gave us [follow up to the Hope 08 programme] and he began to talk to me about the lack of hope in the world.  He was really open to gospel and I was able to give him the books Barry had give me 'No Ordinary Man'  Can I get another one, Barry?"


Another email today came from a friend in France who has taken ten copies to use there, and has drawn up two lists of recipients.  We are not sure exactly what God will do through these 500 copies of the book but we do believe he will most certainly use them to draw people to himself.  I hope you are praying with us as these books go out.  One of the main reasons for this blog is to keep the prayers and praise right up to date.


Do please think about becoming a "follower" of the blog, or drop me an email so i know you are reading the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment