Friday 2 April 2010

I am now at the end of the second week of official convalescence.  The operation wounds are healing nicely but I still have significant discomfort around the top wound (four are made for the keyhole surgery).  Running to catch the outgoing post on Wednesday clearly did not help!

I have used the time to catch up at least some of the jobs I can do by sitting at a desk.  More orders for the No Ordinary Man project have come in and the first 100 copies are now all out.  I pray that more rural church leaders will grasp the opportunity to use them within their churches.  It really is an ideal opportunity to help people come to know Jesus as Saviour.

Yesterday evening I attended a Maundy Thursday service at our local Congregational Church in Market Harborough.  This morning Doreen and I joined with Christians from local churches for the annual Open Air Witness in the town square.  Last year we were beset with wet weather.  This year they had organised a large trailer to serve as a covered platform.  Sadly the sound system was hopeless and much that was said and sung could not be heard.  The singing was led by a great guy called Steve on a keyboard.  The problem was that once people started singing we couldn't hear the keyboard.  Fortunately there was an excellent puppet show which got the message across without the need for words.

There were a few other rough edges.  As an experienced evangelist and one who trained others for many years on how to conduct such events I find it frustrating not to be invited to help!

I am now about half way through the first draft of my autobiography.  It is not an easy story to share but I continue to feel that it is a story that should be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment