Thursday 10 June 2010

Writing important documents and getting good news

Yesterday I cracked on making the revisions to the work preparing the report for the House of Bishops (C of E) following last Monday's meeting.  Editing other people's stuff is harder than editing one's own stuff.

The insurance assessor (finally) came to look at the car that was hit by a lorry several weeks ago.  Hopefully it will be approved and I can get the repairs done.  With scored windows i am concerned that they could easily crack so I want to get it done as soon as possible.  Keeping the old car going at least another year is important.  It is now approaching 104,000 miles but running well.

In the early evening Rev Dr Janet Wootton joined me to work on the drafting of a new constitution for the Theological Commission of the International Congregational Fellowship.  It seems that I have worked regularly on constitutional issues in one way or another since 1965!  It's an unusual aspect to my varied ministry.

Great news by phone in the evening as I heard that a man in East Sussex, who has been the subject of our prayers for a long time, has become a Christian through an Alpha Course.  His wife was a member when I was pastor at Herstmonceux.

In odd moments I have also been working on our web site to maximise benefits while reducing costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment