Sunday 20 June 2010

Starting the week

Last night and the first part of today I put the finishing touches to the PowerPoint presentation going to Anchorage, Alaska for the Conference of the National Association of Congregational Christian Churches.  The presentation contains greetings from all over the world which I have edited into a PowerPoint with greetings and photos.  The resulting slide show has a backing track of music played by a dear friend and brother, Willie Munroe.

Before going to bed I did a little more study preparing for today.  I felt I should speak on the Kingdom of God this morning, and continued that first thing.  We have a lot of folk away at Yelvertoft, and a small village church that always has a big impact.

This evening I am back to Fleckney Baptist Church.  Fleckney is a large village not far from Leicester and at one time we had quite a lot of contact but we have fewer opportunities these days as we are committed most Sundays twice a day, one way or another.  Their former pastor was an old friend.  It will be good to see them again.

This week I have a school assembly at 1.00pm on Monday, the regular prison work on Tuesday and pastoral ministry on Thursday.  This is usually the week each month I try to do various admin jobs and catch up on correspondence, but there is quite a lot of writing to do any way.  The cheque finally arrived for the insurance claim for the repair of my car after it was struck by a lorry outside our home. It will be good to get it repaired as it continues to be a faithful servant despite its age!

I must write something about schools as it has been on my heart since last Tuesday.  Perhaps tomorrow after the school assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment