Monday 7 June 2010

A productive day in London

I was tired after ministry yesterday but rose early after six hours sleep and applied myself to the work needed to prepare for today's activity.  Two hours writing dealt with most of what I had promised to do shortly before my trip to Scotland and the subsequent emergency operation.  The one hour train journey into London from Market Harborough saw most of the remainder completed.  It's amazing what a deadline can produce!

So today I was working with colleagues in producing what we expect to become a report to the House of Bishops of the Church of England.  Some of the team are former collaborators in the writing of "Time for Action" - still considered a valuable tool for understanding the cause and consequences of sexual abuse, and appropriate pastoral responses.  Others are contemporary experts in this field.  We accomplished much.

I still have a little more work to do as my contribution, but I will also undertake an editing role over the summer months,

The sleepiness I felt on returning home to Doreen evaporated on receiving an email from a friend from days gone by who has been reading my blogs.  I then rattled off a long reply and ought now to go to bed.  Do pray for Doreen who has to cope with my often late nights and occasional early mornings.  Perhaps you need to pray for common sense for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment