Saturday 26 June 2010

End of the week

I had a helpful visit to the URC offices meeting with their General Secretary and Secretary for Ecumenical Relationships.  The relationship between the URC and the Congregational Federation is encouraging.  Both bodies parted back in 1972 with some feeling led to establish the URC as a deliberate step of organic union, while others felt led to maintain their Congregational polity.  Both bodies are able to act in a mature and helpful way as we enjoy the unity that is already God's gift.

On the way to London I sat next to a man on the train.  He wanted to engage in conversation so work I had taken had to remain in my case.  It turned out he had travelled quite a lot and some of the countries he had been in I had been there also.  Although he told me that he only believed in bad luck, he gladly accepted a copy of "No Ordinary Man" I had taken with me in case an opportunity came up to discuss the project with my URC friends.  Please pray that he will read it and that God will call him through it.  He really needs his life straightening out.

The evening contained a telephone conference with two colleagues who will be working as part of an interview panel on Wednesday.

Friday morning was largely taken up with following up the meeting on Thursday in London.  Then I set off for Yelvertoft for several pastoral visits.

Today I spent much of the morning working on the alternative websites as part of the process to reduce unnecessary expenditure for Rural Sunrise.  In the afternoon Doreen and I went back to Yelvertoft (14 miles from Market Harborough) as it was the Parish Church Annual Fete.  It is important in rural ministry to support such events.

The week ends with gathering scattered thoughts for the meeting tomorrow in Yelvertoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment