Saturday 9 October 2010

Working in Norfolk

Sally doing her part

I am writing this from Ditchingham in Norfolk.  Yesterday I led a day for a dozen rural church leaders assisted by the Revd Sally Gaze.  The response was so encouraging and the leaders in this area have given a strong request for us to repeat something similar.  There may well be a number of invitations to work with local churches as a result.

Today (Saturday) I am staying on at the Conference Centre to work with the Salvation Army teaching on their "Safe and Sound" programme.  Later this evening there is a 3 hour drive to Newark where I shall be taking the morning service.

Last Wednesday I spoke and sang at a small fellowship meeting for the Methodist Church in Market Harborough.  It was a sweet time focusing on the Lord's faithfulness.  I followed this with a meeting with the Leicester Diocese Rural Group.

The previous day had been spent in London working with Child Protection Officers  from across Britain and representatives from the Churches Safeguarding Agency and CCPAS , helping them to refocus on the structure and work of the group.

After I get back from Newark on Sunday afternoon Doreen and I will be sharing with others at Theddingworth Chapel's Harvest Thanksgiving.

Next Monday I will value your prayers as i travel to Winchester to meet with faculty members of the University to explore the research programme exploring the most effective ways of contextual evangelism in rural areas.

Doreen and I are so grateful for the prayers and practical support we receive from friends.  Your prayers are so important to us.  C.H. Spurgeon used to have a team of men who prayed in a room below the place where he stood preaching in London, such is the importance of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment