Monday 22 February 2010

School today

The long hours worked just before and during the weekend are catching up!  But it's been a good day.

The significant activity today was taking a Primary School Assembly at Lubenham.   The prescribed topic was the temptation of Jesus in the wilderness.  I thought how can I make that (a) interesting and (b) relevant.

Since I love story telling and often do that with them I resorted to doing a one man piece of drama, and played the devil.  I explained that I had been asked to come and talk about my biggest failure, though why I don't know because I have had many successes (scanned the audience and identified several success stories!).  I then explained my general three areas I exploit: desires of the flesh (greed), desires of the eyes, and pride.  I gave illustrations of these appropriate to the age range and then told them how I tried hard to mess up the work Jesus came to do - but failed.  I finished by hearing a far off call (a bit like superman) and told the children the bad news: someone who was being tempted had decided to pray to God for help!  Oh No!  Exit off stage.

Came back as me and we prayed together.

Only other activity relates today was setting up a new business bank account.  Have just discovered the need for this as processing work expenses (e.g. Rural Sunrise, church etc) and channelling donations through my personal bank account is actually illegal!!!  I wonder how many other ministers and church leaders use their personal bank accounts to move money on items they purchase for a church or charity and then claim reimbursement.  I guess it runs into thousands.

No comments:

Post a Comment