Sunday 21 February 2010

A busy weekend

It has been busy.  On Friday Doreen and I were finishing off sending out the Rural Evangelism Network newsletters and enclosures.  Then I got down to preparing for Saturday, finally finishing around 11.30.

On Saturday I set out at 7.45am to get the train to Nottingham where I was to work on the Integrated Training Course Foundation weekend.  I gave a presentation on the next steps for students who want to take their studies further, then did two and a half hours of interviews (five in all), and two lots of one and a half hour long presentation on the Module on Church Management.  I finally got home at 11.00pm.

Before going to bed I finally had a sense of what I was to speak about at the morning meeting at Yelvertoft.  I woke on Sunday and started working prayerfully on the theme, which was confidence in the gospel.  Bible base was the story of Naaman (and a bold servant girl who had confidence in the good news she shared), and 1 Corinthians 1: 18 onwards.  Putting it into practice proved a blessing.

The afternoon included writing a piece for the Yelvertoft Parish magazine.

Then this evening happy fellowship at Theddingworth and then home by 7.45 and cracking on with writing up the report of the Federation's Inter-Church Board and sending it off by email to go out from the Nottingham office on Monday.

Bed around 11.30pm.  45 hours work in three days!!! less the odd meal time etc.  Who said ministers only work one day a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment