Saturday 8 September 2012

Brief News for Praise and Prayer

It has been a full week and I am thankful for the sense of God's presence throughout each day.  There are a number of ongoing activities and responsibilities and I value your prayers as I seek to fulfil each of these.

Please excuse a very short blog this week.  In addition to the various ongoing tasks there are fewer appointments this week.  However, each of them is significant and need to be supported in prayer.

Sunday 9th  10.45  Yelvertoft Congregational Church; 6.00  Theddingworth Congregational Church

Monday 10th I will be going to the Leicester Royal Infirmary for a routine gastroscopy related to the Barrett's Oesophagus condition I have.  When this was discovered I was asked if I would be part of a national cancer research trial.  This involves taking a course of medication over eight years.  In a minority of cases Barrett's can develop into cancer but my last check up revealed no cause for concern. A gastroscopy is not pleasant.

Tuesday 11th The regular session in HMP Gartree in the afternoon.

Thursday 13th I meet with my local management committee.

Friday 14th I will be travelling to Yorkshire to meet on Saturday 15th with the local trustees of a project that Action for Christ has been involved with.  This is a complicated situation and I especially ask your prayers for all involved.

Sunday 16th Yelvertoft Congregational Church.

Text for the week:  As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and for evermore. Psalm 125:2

No comments:

Post a Comment