Saturday 16 June 2012

Some brief news for praise and prayer

Hi,

Thanks for coming to this blog.  I regret I am writing only a little this week as I am currently in south Wales where Doreen and I are spending a few days.  Our main reason for being here is to attend a special 70th Wedding Anniversary (yes, you got that right) for my uncle and aunt.  It has been a great day.  Even the town mayor turned up.  The TV had interviewed them and we arrived at our B&B to be informed, "We have just seen your uncle and aunt on the telly!"


While in Wales we have also met with the Rev Meirion Morris whom I got to know in the past as a guest speaker at one of the REN Conferences I helped to organise.  More about this another time.  We will also attend two churches on Sunday and I will probably sing at one of these.

The early part of the week was busy on various administration and pastoral activities.  On Monday we had a Church Meeting at Yelvertoft where the main business was to approve steps taken to make alterations to the building.  On Wednesday I travelled to Heaton Park, Manchester where I worked with a colleague on creating a video to promote the International Congregational fellowship Conference in the summer of 2013 at Brunel University.  Then the task was to get it out on the internet in various ways so people around the world could download it.

Since I was a short distance from Blackpool where a nephew has just acquired a small hotel in a very poor condition I stayed overnight with him and his partner (expecting their first child) and spent Thursday decorating their stair cases and landings.  The travelled back home.

On Friday we began our journey to Wales.

The coming week
Dr Mike Townsend is speaking at Yelvertoft, Northants.  Doreen and I will be at Neath in the morning and Llanilleth in the evening.

Monday - travelling home.

Tuesday - Prison as usual followed by taking part in the Leicester Diocesan Rural Group.

Wednesday - attending a special event in London (more of this another time).

Thursday - taking part in the Churches Group for Evangelization meeting in London.

Friday - School Assembly, Lubbenham, Leics.

I apologise for the roughness of this information but thought that some news was better than none.

Barry


No comments:

Post a Comment