Friday 4 November 2011

A change is as good as a rest?

Hi!  I'm not quite sure where this week has gone!  I am writing this on Friday at the end of the afternoon, looking at a 'mountain' to be climbed before I go to bed tonight.  Tomorrow my office space is going to be reorganised.  My existing desk (taking up too much space) will be manhandled down the stairs ready for some one to pick it up as soon as possible.  A new work surface will be built against a wall to my right, which will reduce eye strain as my current desk faces a sunny window.  That done, a large printer, double cupboard and a filing cabinet will all take up new locations.  Two pedestals will take their places under the new work surface, and I will stop for lunch!!

Actually, all the above will not create a problem... the problem is finding somewhere safe to store all the bits of paper around the room plus the material from the desk while the changes are being made.  Please pray that all goes well and that someone who needs a desk will come and collect it soon.

Last Sunday we had a very special service at Gartree Prison.  Apart from the meeting itself all the team had good discussions afterwards.  In one of these a prisoner was led to the Lord at his request.

On Thursday I led the daytime Bible discussion group at Yelvertoft with eleven people present.  In the afternoon I led one of the house groups for Market Harborough Congregational Church.  This was the last in the series on Friendship Evangelism.  Please pray that those who have and are still working their way through this programme will find the courage to share their faith with their friends.  I hope to put this series into a single publication.  Let me know if you are interested in getting a copy.

This has also been a busy time preparing for the Sunrise Ministries trustees' meeting this coming Monday.  As part of that agenda the existing trustees will be looking at a list of potential new trustees.  At this time we need at least another two new trustees.  Please pray for God's guidance in this matter.

The coming week


Sunday - Yelvertoft Congregational Church, Northants
Monday - Sunrise Trustees Meeting, Battle, East Sussex
Tuesday - Gartree prison
Wednesday - evening Bible Discussion Group, Yelvertoft
Thursday - Church leaders meeting in Rugby, Warwickshire followed by pastoral visits
Saturday - Torch fellowship Group, Market Harborough (supporting)
Sunday 13th - Joint Remembrance Services in Yelvertoft.

I will be very focused on some the work I have to do for Winchester University through this week.

We give thanks to God for all who stand with us in prayer and for those who are able to support us practically.

Thank you.

Barry




No comments:

Post a Comment