Sunday 22 August 2010

Rachel and Kyle tie the knot

Rachel with her proud dad!
Doreen and I drove down to Hastings shortly after finishing Holiday at home on Friday.  On Saturday we went to the wedding of Kyle and Rachel.  We have known Rachel since she was about six, and watched her grow up in our church.  Her father, Paul, was my right hand in ministry for many years and he and his wife Janice are treasured friends.

Paul has been unwell for several years but was determined to walk Rachel down the aisle.  He did so - good man!

Two years ago Rachel's eldest brother, David, died in a tragic accident and I took his funeral.  It was so good to share on a happier note yesterday.

There are some wedding photos on my facebook page.

Today, shrugging of tiredness, we had a lovely meeting at Yelvertoft this morning and joined with friends at Walton Baptist Church, Leicestershire, for a Sankey service this afternoon.  I enjoyed it greatly.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, their wedding photograph is so nice. I truly adore this charming couple. Wedding is a special day to everyone out there and I personally like small family weddings. So would like to book one of the best decent medium sized event venues for my big day. My fiancé and I have already decided to have small DIY ceremony.

    ReplyDelete